How to Use Ancient Yoga To Promote Your Own Peace And Wellbeing
By Sitara Ansari, B.A (Hons)
By practicing the method of Yoga, it is yet another route on the path towards embracing Divine wholeness, fulfillment and happiness.
Yoga when translated means to “unite/union” and was practiced in the ancient times. The term “asana” can be used to describe the physical aspect of the physical poses.
- Many of the ascended masters undertook some level of sport; or practiced variant forms of yoga in their lifetime. This was to reduce and eliminate any stress levels and blockages in their body. It enabled them to make their physical body and mind stronger; healthier.
From what has been documented in records many of these wise one’s lived long, strong and healthy lives.
Health is a divine blessing and we should do all we can to maintain, encourage and have fun with the wonderful body we have been given. The body has long been considered a human temple. A vessal for the divine energy.
Through integration of body, mind and soul: fulfillment and peace is achieved.
Yoga is one method you can use whenever you need to feel “connected” to the divine and promote healthy well-being. I’ve mentioned below a few poses or exercises and when they are incorporated into a healthy lifestyle it helps to balance and promote peace, internally as well as externally. It definitely works; and it is very beneficial!
Research is still ongoing into how yoga helps the human body. It’s definitely been confirmed by science that yoga increases body flexibility, strength and it also helps the mind to focus, relax and LET GO… ie a brilliant, stress reliever in our modern times. Its good for us on SO many levels.
- Doctors and scientists have evidence now to suggest yoga when used as a medical aid can help reduce or heal blood pressures/heart rates and many other body issues.
Below are a few easy yoga techniques which are very useful in promoting peace and well-being in life.
- You can incorporate it in your daily life; and feel so blessed out and energized when its done!
Image: Mountain Pose
- I Start off with the mountain pose; which is standing in an upright position. It is very easy to do and keeps the heels rooted down onto the ground and back straight.
- If possible do this pose outside in nature, barefoot on grass as it’s a form of connection to the earth and general wellbeing. Breathe well as you do it.
Illustration Of Poses:
The Raised Arms upwards Pose ( image 2)
Raise your arms and inhale deeply. Keep in balance. This stretch provides any blockage release.
I also read once that in a scientific study they found raising arms can potentially increase one’s life span.
(Also you can do pose 9 to eliminate stress!)
Therefore yoga combined with a healthy lifestyle helps to increase your flexibility in all ways. Yoga increases your strength and encourages your wellbeing.
Each time a person practices yoga, the joints in the body go through a strengthening motion. There are so many yoga positions to alleviate stress and combat negative moods; you need to find what works best for you!
Through integration of body, mind and soul fulfilment and peace is achieved. Yoga is majorly uplifting in ALL ways!
To know more about YOUR own soul plan, spiritual missions, life tests on Earth contact @
Please also subscribe to the free newsletter service here:
You may copy and redistribute this material so long as you do not alter it in any way and the content remains complete, credit is given to the author, and you include the following link: